Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Independence Day!

I've been feeling crappy all day. I think I slept through almost all of it. Oh well. There's one every year, right?

And I leave for the beach in less than a week now! I can't wait. I need a vacation.

Yesterday held several landmarks for Patrick. He jumped his first liverpool, his first line (which was also his first triple combination), and his first crossed oxer. I wish I had something interesting to say about it, but he was great. Definitely a little wiggly and confused in the line, but that's to be expected. He didnt even overjump the liverpool. He's definitely going to be worth every penny someone spends on him.

I jumped Bella through the canterpoles/oxer exercise a few times. I put the jump up to about 3'6" and she went through it great. I think she'll be ready for the July Pickwick Show's 3'6" class with no problems. I tried putting the jump up to about 4'0". She wanted so badly to jump it well, and tried a few times, but it was just too much for her. I backed it down to 3'6" to finish on a good note and decided to think on the outcome of the experiment. I wish I had my trainer there to know if she was having problems because she's never jumped that big, or because she's topping out. She felt unsure, not splinter-bellied, but it's tough to tell when you're just the pilot and not the eyes on the ground. Maybe it's something to work towards.

Speaking of my trainer, it's been two and a half weeks since I heard from him. I was about to give up earlier this week, when I received a phone call from his groom. He told me that my trainer was out of the country giving a clinic, and couldn't call me. He wanted me to get online one night this week because he really needs to speak with me. Weird, right?

Well, I'm always logged on AIM because of my iPhone, and I saw him online at least twice. He never responded to my attempts to talk to him. I don't know what is going on, but I'm beyond frustrated. I'm hoping this trainer friend-of-a-friend is interested in Patrick so I can just move on and forget about being burned for the fourth time. I'm really starting to lose faith in the people of this industry. I don't think any of them can be trusted.

Anyways, easy week this week. I may jump Patrick once before I leave on vacation, but Bella's going to take it easy. She doesn't need the extra work, and as much as I want to jump her every day, I could do without the added work, too. I think my friend will come ride Patty Thursday and Friday. I'm sure he'll be super, as usual. I'm excited to ride Bailey some more, too. I lunged her yesterday, and she looked amazing. I can't wait until she's ready for more work. Just the idea alone gives me some hope for myself:)

Happy Fourth Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment