Friday, July 9, 2010

Goodbye Maryland, Hello OBX!

So I had every intention of riding today, really, I did.

Then I went out bar hopping last night, and wound up getting home and into my nice, cozy bed at about 6am. Yikes.

So I rested during the day, intent on riding in the evening. Well, I went out at 4pm and it was hotter than blazes outside. Yup. You guessed it. I said, "Eh, what's one more day's vacation for the horses?"

I'm sure they don't mind at all. Besides, they've all been super lately, and if my bank account allows it, the show schedule will pick up a little after the beach. They could use a vacation, too!

Anyways, I was flipping through our monthly equine news magazine, and there's a help wanted ad very close to my house. They want a manager for 30-40 hours a week, only on weekdays. It's in a town that doesn't have a whole lot of barns. I'm pretty sure it's either this trail/pleasure barn, or this new low-level h/j barn. I'm hoping it's the latter of the two, because that could be yet another foot in the door. Anyways, I'm debating calling them before I leave for the beach for a week. Would it be totally rude to call and inquire, but say I can't come out for a week? Eeep. I'll talk to dad tonight, and maybe I'll be putting together my resume while I'm soaking up some non-horsey sun! My only fear is, 30-40 hours a week would put a serious damper on my personal horsey time, and I simply can't afford to cut back on training with Patrick and Bella, if I'm ever going to get them sold/leased respectively.

Urgh. Why can't things just be easy for once?

Talk to you all in a week!

2 comments:

  1. Ha I just read your whole blog. I must say it's very interesting. I think you have a wicked sense of humour. Bella is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thank you! I take both as great compliments!

    ReplyDelete