Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Life as an adult is exhausting

I'm not even sure where I left off last...

I've started riding one of my boarder's horses that she keeps at another facility. He's a 5 year old ISH named Cooper. I get to sit on him all this week to help her prepare to show him to a potential client on Sunday. He's pretty spectacular. As much as I hope he sells, for her sake, I'd almost love for him to stick around because she's offered to let me show him:)

On another note, Bella left for Pickwick Stables this past Saturday, where she will be dwelling until probably the end of February or March. It's tough not having her under my 24/7 scrutiny, but the indoor arena will be vastly helpful. We're headed to a schooling show at Columbia Horse Center this Sunday to do the 3'6" to 3'9" money classes (yes, money at a schooling show!). I'm a little nervous, but we need to step up to the plate at some time or another, and she's been doing really well. Though, she's probably a little perturbed with me right now because her left side is clipped, but only the outsides of her right legs are done on the other side. That's what happens when you don't have more than 20 minutes to a half hour to mess with your horse at any given time! Oh well. I've decided against showing Patrick this Saturday, so I'll hopefully have her cleaned up and ready.

I never heard back from the little girl that came to try Patrick. They weren't professional horse people, nor were they clued in on proper horse-trying etiquette, so I have a feeling I won't hear anything more from them, despite the fact that the girl specifically said, "I love him!" with a big, dopey smile. Selling horses is rough.

I've also signed up to be on a mailing list that will hopefully clue me in on some upcoming clinics, since I'm trainer-less and wandering.

So now I work from about 6:00 in the morning until 10:00 at night. It's exhausting, and it leaves little time to even pretend I'm human.

On a bright note, Nathan and I have started working on the house. We bought appliances last weekend (super deals at Sears!) and got them moved in this past Sunday. It should only be another two weeks or so until we can move in:)

Well, off to work again. It never ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment