Thursday, November 11, 2010

Boy oh Boy, what else can go wrong?

I just keep getting myself into messes...grrr.

On a totally off topic, I got a new phone! Despite the love I possess for my iPhone, I made the switch to the Blackberry Torch since it was $100 cheaper (and we all know how that goes...). So far, I really like it. Maybe more than my iPhone *gasp*!

Anyways, I had planned to ride Bella in my lunch break this afternoon in prep for Columbia this weekend. What happens when I get there? She's twisted a shoe and jammed the clip into her hoof. Fantastic. To top it off, it was nearly 65 degrees today and they left her heavy sheet on. She was drenched, and I mean lathered, in sweat. What. Retards. I'm sorry, I understand that operating a horse farm is tough, sucky, b.s. work...but I am NOT. I repeat, NOT paying $575 a month for that kind of crappy care. Especially when I cant ride my horse because she's too busy pacing the fenceline and pulling her shoes! Argh. I put a text into Joe, my miracle farrier. He hasn't gotten back to me yet, but I'm hoping that he can tack it back on in time for me to school up for Sunday. It's a 1.10-1.15m class...not something to just go into blind! Oh Bella...

The babies continue to have some time off. I guess it's no huge deal, but I do need to school Bailey up before next weekend. We're shipping off to Middleburg, VA for a night to take a lesson with Margot McAllister, a Grand Prix dressage rider that my very good friend Stephanie works and rides for. I'm super excited to hear what she has to say about Bailey, and learn some new techniques on the flat. Basically, I'm just excited to do something. Plus, she seems super nice and is giving me a super heavy discount, which is always a perk.

One of my boarders left today, so I think I'll be acquiring a new boarder horse soon. It's going to be another one that belongs to a girl that already has two here. She's trying to get her ISH breeding program off the ground, and I've mentioned her before. She's off to a great start. I really like the horses that she's producing. Anyways, I'm happy she's taking the stalls because that means that I can't fill them with some other project I can't handle right now.

Raleigh is this week and next week. I wish I was there:( It was such a fun show.

I'm so tired. I think I forget what it feels like to be awake. Is that what it's like in this industry? I hope it's something that goes away after a while. Once I'm 'established' and all. I think I just need to suck it up, throw out my amateur status, and rent a place. It seems like people would pay the money, and if Bella's current home is any clue as to what boarding facilities are like these days, it shouldn't be too hard to gain clientele.

Oh, life. Stop throwing curveballs, please?

Anyone have any big Turkey Day plans?

2 comments:

  1. Ditching your Amy status is your only option to "make" it. You're holding yourself back by holding onto that status. GO FOR PRO!!!! It's fun ;-) and was the best equine decision I've made in a really long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really?? I feel like no one would pay me if I don't have any kind of Ammy record. I feel like I should try to get one before I go pro, no?

    ReplyDelete