Friday, May 28, 2010

Let's List the Stats

I'm Anna. I'm a 23 year old college graduate who has no job and a meek outlook on that which is life. Unfortunately, I have a herd of seven 4-legged friends dwelling in my backyard. They eat too much and generally don't earn their upkeep. I try to tell them to work harder, but sometimes those leg yields are just too taxing. Bucking in protest is far less energy draining, and it usually comes with the reduction of weight on one's back. On the average occasion, I'm given a resentful equine eye-roll and then sneezed upon. Oh, life, isn't it grand?

So here's the scoop. I've recently returned from Florida (translate that to: "Been home two months. Just slacking off") and become rather...well, unemployed. Sitting on YardandGroom.com and complaining about the lack of jobs in my market only schmoozes over the parents for so long. Eventually, you have to send out that resume. Ahoy. We have problem numero uno. I haven't made a resume since my high school advisory class senior year. Oh boy. Google: Resume Templates. Asap.

So here we go. The main players in my life right now, other than myself, of course, are as follows.

He Who Shall Not Be Named = No, this isn't the eighth book in the series. I just don't want to get in any more trouble than I'm already in. I'm sure you'll hear all about that later. He's not currently in the picture anyways, but I rode with him in Florida and he decided NOT to come back and ride nearby, thereby leaving poor defenseless me with the following hooligans.

Bella = 8 year old Thoroughbred mare. Generally speaking, she's about as good as it gets in this little fairytale I'm writing.

Patrick = 4 year old Thoroughbred gelding. He's my little (and I don't use that term lightly) sale project. His interests include bucking, falling over when girthed (but only when wearing an expensive saddle), constantly picking up the wrong lead, fighting the draw reins whenever possible, and entertaining himself with a party cup for 45 minutes straight. He also knows how to fetch. He's really a doll, I swear.

Bailey = 3 year old Holsteiner filly. Ah, my pride and joy. When I can actually get on her. Here lately the mounting process usually puts me in the dirt and a bad mood.

The others will come and go. Gotta go fill out my Howard County Horse Show Association membership form. We have a show to prepare for :/ This could get interesting...

4 comments:

  1. Glad to see you've joined the blogging world ;-) Welcome aboard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. If you need a starting point: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2213111/JessRupschEqResume.pdf

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jess! I'm kind of excited about this:D And thanks for the resume link! It's JUST what I needed! You're a saint:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. I do what I can to help out a friend in need!!!

    ReplyDelete