Friday, May 28, 2010

An Introduction to My World of Equestrian Chaos

Whoever thought up the idea of an Equine college degree probably thought they were brilliant. It's the ultimate slacker degree. You can walk through the hallowed halls of your local equestrian school with years of experience and tons of know-how. Yippee. Four years of sleeping in and boozing it up. What they fail to tell you upon entrance, is that you're doomed to face multiple years of whoring yourself out to the highest bidder. This usually includes the farm with the least amount of clover, the fewest stalls, and a mexican to do all the heavy lifting. I mean, really, who's with me here?

Anywho, some of us even still miss that memo, and continue on their quest to equestrian stardom. Does anyone else find it ironic that the word 'quest' is built right into 'equestrian'? I think I just chuckled to myself.

On that note, I decided to run myself straight into pandemonium. More of it. Yup.

So this is the documented account of my daily mishaps and the opposite of whatever a 'mishap' is. Prepare yourselves. More is to come.

1 comment:

  1. Linked some peeps to this entry. It's so what the generation of wannabe trainers needs to read.

    ReplyDelete