Monday, August 2, 2010

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I haven't updated recently.

My dad was gardening, and he cut the tv/internet cable. So here I am, sitting in the grocery store Starbucks, typing away on my Netbook. Pretty awesome, right? Well, at least the coffee is good!

So the farrier saved me the trouble of firing him. He didn't even show up for our 9am appointment this morning. Not even so much as a phone call. Now, I know I'm not a big name in the area, but I know enough people. And none of them will be recommended his name! I was at least hoping to get the horses all in a rideable/comfortable state so that I had some time to find a new guy. Now I have barefoot horses with busted up walls, and Bella is wearing three shoes and has about 3 inches of overgrowth on her toes. I'm pissed. FUMING.

 Before I found this guy, she had gone 9 weeks without having her feet done. They looked infinitely better than they do now, at just 6 weeks! AHHHHH!!!! I'm going crazy.

Anyways, on a brighter note, things have somewhat picked up with Patrick. A woman came out to try him yesterday, and he was really good. She's interested in leasing him and taking lessons from me (Shhh...don't tell anyone!) and it would put some money in my pocket while I continue to try to sell him. Then, this morning a woman emailed me about him, saying that she's looking for a horse for her 16 year old daughter. Hopefully they come try him as well. The woman that came yesterday has two more horses to try before she makes a decision, but from the sounds of it, he's her best option.

The woman from the farm I applied at emailed me to offer me the job. I'm not quite as excited about it as I was, because she keeps changing the parameters on me. First it was weekdays, no riding. Then it was the occasional weekend. Then it turned into riding upwards of 5 horses a day. Then it turned into, "Don't horseshow too much and leave me high and dry". Ummm, lady...you said you were flexible. That's why I applied! Now all of a sudden, I'm not sure I'll have time for my own horses! And again, AHHHHH!

Hopefully it just all falls into place...riiiiiiight. 'Cuz that always happens.

On another note, it looks like 5 & Dime Acres will be expanding. My boyfriend Nathan and I are looking into buying a foreclosed farmette about 20 minutes from my parents' place. It's got a super cute 1900's farmhouse on it, a huge storage barn, and a bank barn with three run-in stalls; all on 5+ acres.  I'm super excited. We might put in a contract on it on Wednesday, if all goes well! It needs a ton of work done on the inside, but the previous owners restored all the tough, expensive stuff. Now it just needs to be classied up. Nathan and I are both 'do it yourself' kind of people, so it's really the perfect place for us. I'll try to get some pictures, because it looks like a jungle right now, haha!

Anyways, have a great week everyone, just in case my internet doesn't come back in the near future!



No comments:

Post a Comment