Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Grrr...

So, I've been meaning to rant about this for a while now, and I'm just now getting around to it.

My horses' feet look TERRIBLE. I'm really upset about their condition. I understand that it's summer, and the flies and stomping cause them to break up. I get that. Soooo the least of my problems right now.

Bella's feet look like they haven't been done for 12 weeks. The worst part? I noticed that they looked this way after 3 and a half weeks. They've never grown this fast, even when she went 8 weeks without getting new shoes. Now, her shoes are twisting, the nails are all popping, and her toes are so long that I feel like a horrible mom. I'm about ready to grab some nail cutters and pull them all myself, except I fear her toes are so long that that will only make the situation worse. Everyone else's feet are in various stages of crappiness as well.

I think I'm going to bring up my issues with the farrier (if he shows up) and give him this chance to redeem himself, and get a few more numbers in the following six weeks. I paid attention to some of my friends' horse's feet at the show this weekend, and I think I'll go for recommendations this time, instead of the equine newspaper. I HATE farriers!!!

On a better note, my dad and I are taking a trip to Lexington in October to go watch the show jumping finals at the WEG. I'm pretty excited, even though tickets are soooo expensive! For two 'best available' tickets to the three finals (team, individual, and top four jump off) it was almost $700! That's crazy. I could go compete there for less! Thankfully, I have a lot of family in the area so we're hopefully going to have a place to stay.

I went and rode for my (hopefully) future boss yesterday afternoon. I thought it went terrible; she trains her horses much different than the way I'm accustomed to riding. It will be a serious adjustment, and one that I'm nervous to make. However, she seemed pretty pleased with the whole thing, and said she has a really good feeling about me. I hope that means I have the job, because I could really use the money! As my last 'hoorah', I think I might head up to Saugerties next weekend and hang out with some friends, my trainer being one of them.

I feel like such a jerk, because Amanda is so excited to take a lesson with Manuel, and he just keeps flaking out. I'm beyond caring about it for my own sake, I mean, my horse maxes out at 3'6", and this weekend I think we proved we don't need any outside assistance with that height. But for him to skip out on Amanda is really crushing for me. I know what it's like to want an opportunity like that, and I really hope I can give it to her at some point. She's still coming out to ride Patrick quite frequently, and I'm excited that she still enjoys him. She does a really fantastic job with him. Bailey has also been doing really quite super.

Anyways, I think some woman is coming out to see Patrick this Sunday. She just wants to lease him, and I don't think that she'll be interested, but oh well. Maybe she knows a friend of a friend...it's always worth the free advertisement, I suppose...

No comments:

Post a Comment